BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Bruce W. Popkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 18:16:15 -0500
Ken,

Re: testing internal leaders, I agree with David -- that backed-up water testing
could result in catastrophic leaking -- leaders just aren't designed to carry
that kind of pressure.  Maybe they really meant the "smoke and mirrors" test
(I'm sure you can come up with a variety of worthy scenarios).

Have you considered offering a visual exam via fiberoptic scope?  This is a
fairly well-accepted way to estimate conditions.  If you need more details, I'll
have to hunt them down next Monday.  Let me know.

Bruce Popkin