BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:39:29 EST
In a message dated 2/29/00 9:22:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> And the status of List Owner is not a lifelong entitlement.

Larry,

My, my, I am so ashamed of my selfish actions. You could have spoken up
sooner -- I still owe you, and Heidi, a Gab & Eti T-shirt, in fact, if only I
could figure out how to mail things.

Early policy of BP was to eventually make EVERYONE (except chronic lurkers)
an owner. Only a few of the everyone acted on their property rights and by
emminent domain those who did not act fell under the, "WE MUST BE BUGGING
THEM CRAZY WITH THIS EXTRA TECHNICAL CRAP FORCING THEM TO USE THE DELETE KEY,
OR WORSE, FILTERING IT INTO A NEGLECTED CORNER OF THEIR HARD DRIVE." It was
also brought to the attention of the ever paranoid Shaman, by none other than
Mary Julip, that the THEOCRACY of St. John's Server Kingdom may frown on
there being a multiplicity of owners able to change the list header and do
other neat magic tricks without warning or supervision of an adult. Mr. Gray
became an owner due to the fact that he asked too many pesky questions and it
was obvious he buttoned his shirt (fortunately not his pants) like all hearty
BP preservationeers are supposed to do.

Shaman