BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Royal Order of Lacunae Pluggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:59:53 EST
In a message dated 2/5/01 6:03:28 PM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Too bad. I used to live for that section every week.>>

Julip,

I suppose this is a sympton of BP addiction? After a week of BP who needs the
Sunday Times mag? I don't even do the crossword puzzle...  uh, in my case I
never did do the crossword puzzle. I think, unfortunate for Safire, that the
exotic word market has become saturated with too many offerings, both online
and in the bookstores. I also feel that the *polish* of the Sunday Times mag
leaves little to the idea of a reader "exploring" uncharted intellectual
territory... feels to me too much like it has been pre-digested by the
thought police. What fun is it reading material that is too clean for us to
feel relaxed enough to disagree or find fault with it?

Regarding BP addiction, rephrasing the quote about heroin I keep on my office
wall, "That's the sort of thing BP does. One gets an idea about something,
and it is too much trouble to change it."

Best,
][<en