BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:58:39 EDT
Drews unkind remarks
 about his "kin" building the Pantheon when the Brits were painted blue and
hugging trees...I took umbrage with...

The last radio carbon date of Stonehenge was putting its construction  around
2500 bc, more or less about the same time of the Great Pyramid;
when  the area we now call Rome was still trying to figure out how to pick
grapes.

And as a member of the Pictish Arts society; it was also of great distress to
hear  reference  to Britons being painted blue ;
When after all it was the Scottish  Pictii or Picts who tattooed themselves
blue and fought naked thus creating one of the great marvels of  stone  ;
Hadrians wall circa 127 ad
.The Picts as Caesar called them ( see Gaul campaigns ) "held the legions at
bay for days while bon fires burned day and night and naked  women and men
created a blood curdling din through horns  screams and the clash of
spears." (ibid Caesar)

I for one cannot stand a screaming woman ; let alone one that is naked;
just ask my wife; ....no ... on second thought don't ask my wife.

However All these insults can be settled over beer ;
Or
       .....Its horse apples at dawn on the cliffs of Weehawken.
....... Il be painted blue so you know its me . Pyrate