BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:40:55 -0400
Need good wood? Here's what you do. Stand at the place the wood will be.
Step out the door with a bow saw in your hand. Walk around the place,
keep walking around and around in an ever-widening spiral path. Pretty
soon, or eventually you will come to a log laying on the ground. Part of
the log is rotten, the sapwood around the outside. Inside the log the
wood is still sound. Cut yourself out a section of that log and roll it
home, this time you can go in a straight line, when you get there, pick
up your froe and maul. Split it up into quarters, eights, etc. 'till you
have yourself some nice little boards and slats. Grab your hewing
hatchet and shape them just so. If I was you I would shave off the
splinters, then build your seat and you will be sittin' pretty for quite
a while. When your seat wears out, repeat.

John
the woodworker