BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 16:23:58 -0500
It bothers me, though I realize it is inevitable, that there exists a narrow
vision within the preservation industry that denies the relevance of stupid
stories (bear in mind, most religions are built on teaching through
allegory), that endeavors to confine discourse to reading the building, that
limits conversation to the facts, to the pseudo-science of brick, mortar,
wood, technique, dry technology... yet excludes the human spirit of the
builder to tell stories.

][<en Follett