BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. P. Edison" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:43:24 -0500

> In a message dated 1/15/2003 2:52:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> > After 17 years in the URBAN environment and
> > no cows, I have come to Switzerland to make up for lost time.

If you are still there in early Spring you can watch the ritual
parading of the cows to their high altitude pastures. I lived in the
Gruyere region of Switzerland for a little while, and they deck out
all the cows with fancy harnesses and big loud cow bells, stop traffic
and march them up the road once winter breaks. In Switzerland that
passes for excitement.

The other Swiss pastime is doing their military reserve service. I was
told their defense budget per capita was second only to Israel's,
which is amazing for a country that hasn't been to war in centuries.

Edison Coatings, Inc.
M. P. Edison
President
3 Northwest Drive