BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 15:56:57 -0400
My favorite story from the WWII Vet relatives was from my Father in Law
(actually father of my ex, but I'm not sure how to state that
relationship, especially since he died before the divorce).  I digress.

He was a Cook in the Army in Greenland.  He used to spend the bulk of
his "spice" allowance on fresh eggs.  The eggs that they prepared were
powdered eggs.  He used to put the fresh eggs, shells and all, in the
mixer with the powdered eggs.  Said that enough people got a piece of
shell in their scrambled eggs that they all thought that they were
always getting fresh eggs; this improved morale.  Boasted that he was
once demoted by an officer who felt that the fresh eggs were only for
the officers mess, not the enlisted mess.

Steve Stokowski