BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:11:49 -0400
well cuz,

I just returned from a jillion state saga that took me to, in order:

Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, East Texas,
Middle Texas, West Texas  (so big, had to divide it up to comprehend it)
New Mexico, Arizona, New Mexico, The Navaho Nation, Arizona, Utah,
Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and finally, back to
Ohio.....

the interstates in East Texas and Missouri were the worst I've ever
driven...
they were similar to my little macadam county road, rutted, narrow, no
shoulder...

and upon my return, I was told by my truck driving brother
that drivers of experience have renamed Missouri "Misery" for that
reason....  ;)

the scary part is that I mentioned the road quality to a Missouri state
trooper at a
rest stop there, and he assured me, with much "ma'am-ing",  that Missouri
roads
were top notch.... that if I REALLY wanted to drive some bad highway,
I should run thru Arkansas some time  ;)

so maybe she has a point  ;)

sign me,

drivin deb   (aka jinx, as it rained everywhere we went, which was fine --
remember those fires
in NM and CO around the middle of June?   I put them out  ;) )