BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:37:40 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:
>  Esteemed Contractor now says, no, stone will come right up to but not
> under the counters.  He says this is standard practice, although he
> acknowledges that standard practice in other kitchens (at least the
> five others we have had) is to run the wood or vinyl tile
> wall-to-wall.   Stone is "different".
>
> Does this sound true?   We are concerned that, if and when cabinets
> are ever rebuilt, we will be stuck with that layout. He also is going
> to do the same with the center island.    Cost of stone not an issue,
> it's not that many SF.

Sure, it may be "true" that Standard Practice calls for tiles to end at
cabinet bases, but that doesn't mean you have to accept that. Did EC say
WHY it's standard practice? The stone tiles in my old house just ran to
the cabinets, but for me, it was a matter of cost. EC might not have
figured the cost and now thinks you want him to eat it?

I would want the stone under my cabinets if I had the choice.
~deb