BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 10:15:18 -0600
I'm not sure if it will impress him.  I think he generally sees anyone
having anything to do with architecture as a negative...and while
Solari and Goff in the same paragraph makes my head hurt, I doubt he
has any knowledge of either.  However, "On the Road" gets his attention
right off.  (Can't figure that one, I couldn't get through it...all
those strange old dudes who where my father's age wandering aimlessly
from one self obsorbed introspectional non-event to another...thank
goodness us old hippies have a legacy of peace and love, harmony, sex,
rock and roll...and fashion to leave to our children.)

But I'll see.  He seems to want to go off and recreate On the Road in
his own time.  Not sure it translates.  I don't think he understands
why I would rather he went off and hiked the Applalacian Trail...or
even the trails out in the Rockies...he thinks that's 'cause I want to
go with him...which is true...but really because I think its safer.
How did I end up with a crazy hippie for a son...I specifically ordered
an conservative engineer type who was good with tools and his hands.
Now I have to figure out how to teach a poet to write specs and
HSR's...damn it...that's what I want to do!

-jc