BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marilyn Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:36:39 -0400
     Ilene wrote:

     "My question for Chris Hetzel is:  does the town boundary coincide with the
     gambling boundary and also the area designated as the National Historic
     Landmark?  I should have requested some maps while I was there, as I've
     been wondering about this since returning to Michigan."

     I don't know about the gambling district, but the NHL district boundary was
     the city limits when it was designated a landmark in 1961.  I think I heard
     that the city limits had expanded after that, so the current NHL boundaries
     may not be exactly the same as the current city limits, but the intention
     was to include the whole town.

     Whe I was in Deadwood some years ago I thought it was AWFUL.  No historic
     feel, millions of busses overwhelming the narrow streets, etc.  Of course I
     was just passing through (on my way to the TRULY wonderful town of Lead)
     and it was 180 degrees at the time, which might have colored my view!

     Marilyn