BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:59:01 EDT
In a message dated 9/11/2000 10:48:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< poor on fixed
 incomes who drive Ford Explorers with Wilderness AT tires on them.  There's
 no way those folks could afford new tires while they await replacements so
 said the congressman.  It was tantamount to murder. >>

So we'll assume that this argument gives the lie to the notion that Big
Business is trying to get the poor off their/our backs.  Are we then to
assume that Big Business is trying to get the rich off their backs, off their
tires, off (or on) the road?  Is it the total failure of Capitalism to take
into account even the needs of the rich, much less treading the poor into the
dust?

Is it the (tire-making) Working Poor trying to kill the rich?  The Arabs
trying to increase demand for oil by wrecking card with partially full gas
tanks?  The Jews trying to reduce demand for the Arabs' oil?  The Jews and
the government trying to reduce demand for oil?  The lawyers drumming up
business for themselves?

Or, my theory: Everything's wrong, nothing is right, it's all ass-backwards.

Ralph (not economic czar)