BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:26:11 -0400
4/28/03

Aided by the analogue wave of trilling bullfrogs and the democratic
participation of all peepers, I tamp the stones into the clay dust at
the perimeter of our man made body of water.  9:15pm, I could continue
by feel and sound, but I choose to sit and listen.  The fingers feel
good, laden with the chalk of a mason's yoke.  I jested with Giuseppe
today:  "yesterday, I made money with my hands, today, I use only my
fingers".  Someday, I will use only my mind;  I will save my hands and
fingers for a process in love, only.  The night is a cool spring of
mind, no more than a flannel shirt is needed.  The stars are bright for
southern New England and the swamp is a symphony of rolling reeds and
twisting tongues.