BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 08:40:06 -0600
Sometime back, in preparation for the restoration of the Bertolet Sawmill and
Daniel Boone Homsetead, Birdsboro, PA, a whole lot of research was done about
mills in general.  I'd recommend talking to Jim Lewars at Dan'l Boone.  If you
are looking for an Archeeteck, Engineer and Consultant team, Jim can refer you
to the guys we worked with, or I can.  But they should talk to Jim first.

Here in Minnesota we have a great big Mill project starting up.  In preparation
for that we've gone out and looked at a bunch of smaller feed and flour mills.
The curator on the project has the best handle on the equipment aspects of the
project.  I can send his contact information from work tomarrow if that would
be helpful.  If Adam isn't an expert, he will know who is.

If they are up for a junket, they should come out and see the two Mills I went
out to look at.  One is an operating flour mill and it is wonderful.  Like a
sawmill, when its in motion it is totally unlike what you would expect seeing
it standing still.  The other has been out of use for too long.  Abandoned
building problems have begun.  Still, it is more or less in tact.