BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: "Authentic Replicants Converge"
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:29:37 -0400
Ruth:

I once went to Bellows Falls before Steamtown (a large collection of old railroad steam engines) left for bigger pork, er...heavier gauge track and/or a longer tourist season, in PA.  I also read the biography of the guy who started it (his name was Blount as I recall) but this was way back in the late 60's I would imagine.

I wondered if Bellows Falls didn't roll up and blow away when Steamtown left.  I don't see any remnant of Steamtown on the aerial photos of the area so I wonder if maybe it was farther out of town (up one of the small valleys?) than I remember (I would expect some old evidence of railroad tracks laid out like a switchyard).  I do remember it being hemmed in by the hills but not so much the river.

Of course in 35 or 40 years a lot of memories and evidence gets erased.

Bruce