BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 11:35:52 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/98 1:11:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Good lord Ken - that was a great photo documentary of your
>  competition's incompetence - did anyone report them? - LARA

Sadly, no. In NYC there is so much activity going on that it is possible to do
all sorts of scary things on the street without anyone taking notice. My bile
did not extend to going so far as calling the DEP in this case. On one hand I
am disturbed (you all may agree too readily on this point), on the other I
have to accept that I will run out of energy trying to correct all of the
unsafe practices I see. I figure the best I can do is try to control within my
sphere of influence. Now, my business partner has spent entire days calling
the authorities. His favorite is to insist that our office personnel call the
mayor. For this reason I regularly make raids on our database to erase the
mayor's phone number.

][<en