BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 04:35:13 -0500
Mudslide, assumed to be a Border Collie, the other day went running off
towards the back yard in cat chasing mode when a small flock of Canadian
geese honked their way very low over the corner of the lot. If dogs
could fly. I think he was also misshandled as a pup, and we got him from
the shelter to keep Dixie from being lonely? We have been working on his
problems... he comes in now after dark if I hold the door open, and he
has not nipped anyone in his psychotic manner since we took him on a
trip with us to NH -- where he was a pretty bad mutt & is attributed to
have pooped in the house twice. He loves to chew socks, gloves, plastic
milk bottles and cardboard boxes and coins. He also likes to eat
whatever I am eating... like radishes and banana, or hot peanuts. We
have a ritual every morning of my sharing my almonds & pecans. He is
real good at catching nuts. We have worried that he will get loose from
the fenced yard and chase off people around the neighborhood but a few
times the driveway gate has been left open and though he will bark at
everything and everyone that comes along on the street he does not seem
to go out of the yard on his own... only if we are out and about and he
thinks it is a game. He runs his own obstacle course in the yard --
which now with the leaves means he wipes out here and there with his
rear end sometimes sliding past his front. I've never seen a dog run
under things as well. He seems to like to go for rides in the car, with
me, and when he gets in the car suddenly all of his excess energy is
spent shivering. Sometimes I need to take him along just so that Dixie
can get a rest... he herds her around. There are rituals of being fed &
going outside and he takes an active interest in making sure that Kathy
lets Dixie outside. Mudslide does not seem to have an attention span
beyond one-one-hundreth of a second. I've seen him jump and bark at
himself several times.

][<