BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 10:30:48 -0600

On Saturday, March 22, 2003, at 08:59  AM, Ralph Walter wrote:

>   You strike me (now, at least) as a reasonable man, and  would not
> have thought of you as impatient.

Run that one past John F. or one of the other PHMC folks.  It'll have
them rolling on the deck curled up in laughter.  I remember on one
occassion exerting a great effort to fake "patience", to hide my anger
and and buy sufficient time to plan appropriate disproportionate
punishment and revenge on a contractor that certainly had it coming.
No permanent damage done.  Although several years and projects later I
once reminded him that he did not want to play, "Read the Spec" with
me, "again".

But I try to be reasonable.  I've not always achieved it.  But I try.
Do you suppose the lawyers advocate for the "reasonable man" standard,
to make sure that they retain an advantage?

-jc