BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2011 07:49:44 -0400
It was not nearly as bad as we had feared. We had about 6" in our rain
gauge.  It was mostly a rain event and we really didn't have much wind at
all. We lost power for a couple of hours yesterday morning and again about
11 last night.  Our town didn't have any serious widespread problems, but
some very localized ones.  Our historic covered bridge has some issues so
is closed till an engineer can examine it.  The water was only 4' from the
deck at one point.

I was at the EOC for about 6 hrs, not nearly as long as we had feared.

Yes, some nearby towns have very bad flooding, one town nobody can get in
or out.  Last I knew they couldn't even figure out how to get the National
Guard in to help.  Ruth

I will be away from my computer for the next few/several days.  We have a
hurricane heading this way and I am on the Emergency Management team so
will be leaving home tomorrow morning at 9AM to be at the Emergency
Management Center for as long as necessary.  Hope if you are  in the path
of Irene that you are safe and sound.  Ruth
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT