BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 1997 10:36:38 -0500
In a message dated 97-11-17 08:22:19 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

> The correct term here is "fasodomy" or "facadomy," take your choice.

Dan,

Curious about the etomology here. Is "facadectomy" a sort of G&E invention
that the _serious_ voices of usicomos, including what looks like a mix of
Brits & Amerikans, are suggesting as a form of peurile HUMUS?

I'm likewise curious about any preservationeers having experience of the
practice of fenestradectalotamy; the removing and/or filling in of a large
quantity of windows. Oh, oh, now I have a bad idea... I'll ask the sages on
PL.

>Help required by local journalist doing research for newspaper (Sun of the
Beach, Mastic, NY) respecting landmark building adjacent to Pep Boys shopping
center pending expansion and local ordnance to restrict views of tourists.
Please advise anyone on experiences with fenestradectalotamy; the removal
and/or filling in of a lot of windows, particularly relating to historic
fabric.<

I guess a variation could be applied to the uncontrolled removal of eyebrows,
or the psychiatric practice of removing a portion of the header.

][<en