BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larry Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:23:18 -0500
-Just a little stonework on my own...At this point I should paste in my alleged bio:

-I dropped out after trying to get through Engineering, then taking random
courses in almost anything else. I lived for a while at Squalid Manor helping
Ralph Ewers survey caves. Then I helped Jerry & Sandy Nichols restore a log
house near Boone's Trace, then back to Squalid Manor, then back to Cincinnati to
work as a hod carrier for a block layer then in the Emergency Room of a hospital
(transporting specimens and blood). Around that time I met Iberus Hacker who had
actually been a notorious community organizer in Chicago, and was brought to
Cincy by the Urban Appalachian Council. He was also a folk-blues singer, and I
played harmonica with him and a fiddle player named Mark John. He was trying to
organize and start a folk school but died of a heart attach while at an
anti-Klan rally in SC. After I got married I moved on up to a decontamination
unit of Jewish Hospital where I had to scrub down and clean equipment. Then got a
job with the Metropolitan Sewer District as a draftsman (Engineering ed finally
paying off!). Finally, I worked my way up to construction inspector.....

Larry