BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 13:58:32 EST
In a message dated 2/19/99 12:41:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> "a mecca;  a destination for thousands of tourists that will shop, eat and
>  stay.."

I once heard such a phrase from the lips of an opera zealot, not an employee
of Texaco, who wanted to promote a national opera museum in a blighted
backwater town that had long since lost it's railroad. As Kootamundi says,
"You are in the temple, why board the bus?" Soon enough we will be surrounded
by the mecca of our inauthentic history and we need go nowhere but the closest
park bench which will be an accurate replication of a park bench made from
recycled milk cartons. I have thirty gross of miniature park bench key chains
made from recycled milk cartons for sale with my name stamped on them so I
just had to throw in that last little touch.

Ken (for CG at least once)