BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 21:59:58 -0800
Leland,  I'm "just up the road a piece" in sunny southern VT.  Either it
isn't as pretty here or I don't write as pretty but it's a darn nice place
to call home.  I live on "the home farm," came home to care for my Dad in
his dotage.  We live on an eighty plus acre former working farm that has
been in the family since, I guess, Revolutionary War times.  The farm is
bisected by US Rt. 5 but other than that it is pretty quiet here.  When I
get up at about 6 AM I look out the bathroom window into the top of a large
Maple tree that was just a sapling when I was a kid.  Now there are usually
birds and occasionally a squirrel or two romping around out there.  When I
was a kid we didn't have that luxury, the ony bathroom was downstairs and
in cold weather you had to hustle down as the hall was unheated and very
COLD.  We get our milk from the farm next door, usually from a cow named
Dorothy.  I am sort of sad as the farmer said he hasn't bred Dorothy back
and he is getting rid of her this summer because she is getting old and
tends to be sickly.  This is the disadvantage of having a personal
relationship with your food.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT