BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "where heavy conservationists hang out"
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 23:17:04 EDT
In a [log in to unmask] writes:
> I say, go with your kneejerk reaction. I always do.

My kneejerk reaction is that

a) ivy looks nice on buildings, and buildings are built by humans to please
themselves - not some spec-writer

b) its damage to brick buildings is marginal (unless you're going to blame
the Leaning Tower of Pisa on ivy, Ralph)

c)  you should let the ivy grow and worry about something else.

Sign me,   Estelle's Gardener