BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 22:08:34 -0700
>In a message dated 8/24/99 11:21:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>> Now that we seem to have a lot of choices,

 However, it seems to me that, at least here in New Jersey, most of our new
domestic buildings are tied
>closer to the idea of 'traditional' than ever before. To define traditional,
>read 'appealing to the greatest mass of people."
>>But please forgive my negative attitude-- it's been a bad week.
>Sign me,
>"Paint the walls beige, it'll sell faster."

Move West, young man !   Its a lot more fun out here !   It must be the
Tibetan influence, cause they really love colour !

But, maybe its just Canada.  National news on the radio today is that the
9th Floor Restaurant in Eatons Department Store in Toronto has been declared
an "Historic Site"    Eatons is much in the news at present since it just
declared bankrupcy a few days ago and is selling off everything.   Picture
the good old 9th Floor Restaurant being preserved on stilts after the rest
of the building is gone.    Maybe it should go to the Diner Museum !   Do
they have a 9th floor there ?

CP