BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 16:57:41 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> In a message dated 4/6/2004 9:01:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
>     You didn't ask, but then nobody on this list ever does, but I'll
>     give this
>     advice anyway.  If it were me I'd say "whet the curiosity" not
>     wet.  Do
>     with this information what you will.  Ruth
>
> *Ruth,*
> **
> *Evidently spelling is no longer a concern among literary circles.
> What will be done with your information will fall within the realm of
> the word "ignore." As in ignorant.*
> **
> *Walking Dictionary*
> **
> *PS--Then again, maybe he DID mean "wet the curiosity."*

I did mean wet, but whet is OK too.
I always thought wet the curiosity meant like "stick a tow in the water
to see how cold it is" and not "sharpen".
Spelling never was a concern among literary circles... only a concern
for the fringes.
There are 31,294 words in the book. If one of them is either spelt or
meant wrong then I'll be happy to change it.

][<