BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:37:50 EDT
If I may pontificate just a little (stop that damn giggling!),

First of all, in honor of my mentor, Marcus Whiffen (not M.D.), I would say
that the arch'l historians knew a lot more than the general populace in JFK
days.  MW used to tell us how Saint Paul's was saved during the Blitz (didn't
think I'd be able to work the Krauts into this, didja?) by the Arch'l
Historians picking up the bombs and throwing them off the roof.

In honor of my other dear friend, the Great and Powerful Clem, I would say
that the best lesson learned, as ex-Cousin-in-Law Karen, former wife of
Cousin Dan the Asshole, used to put it, is to be true to your school.  Which
is to say, ya don't turn your victorian Brownstone into a Spanish
Mediterranean Villa-- ya gotta save and fix the old stuff, and preserve it
and pass it on.  Ya don't rip the interior out of Brooklyn Boro Hall because
the original architect woulda made a gigantic rotunda if he'd had the
technology available, only he didn't.  (As another mentor said, "If my aunt
on my mother's side had balls, she would've been my uncle.  But she didn't.

The Czarina hails me. Gotta go.

Ralph