BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Svantevit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Svantevit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 00:09:50 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Follet <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, November 27, 1997 2:55 PM
Subject: Stuff a Squirrel
Ken Follet wrote:

>Regarding forbidden pictures... my Texan friend (I am increasingly
convinced
>Texans are whacko), who called me after receiving the APTI Poland
delegation
>press release, mentioned that he was stationed, as a Marine, at the
American
>Embassy in Poland in 1954-55. He asked me if I had clearance to go to
Poland
>- he was actually refering to psychologic clearance. Anyway, his favorite
>sport in Poland was to go outside the embassy with a camera with no film in
>it and pretend to take pictures of the interesting buildings. It always
>amused him the way people would wake up and run over to confiscate his
>camera. I'm taking extra film to make up for his shortage.
>
>][<en Follett

I could only wish Theodore Roosevelt had the half of your friends guts
dealing with Stalin in Yalta. Poland had probably better chance with your
friend to avoid 45 years of nonsense - his adventures with Secrets Police
agents trying to confiscate non existing film are peanuts comparing with
real life stories.
Witold Karwowski