BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:46:39 -0800
My Grandma saved every scrap of fat and used any left over lard to make
SOAP.  Boy, Ralph, you must have a weak stomach.  There used to be a place
locally where all the farmers took their dead animals and he processed them
into something--I've for gotten what.  Most folks thought it stunk really
bad, it was smelly but not THAT bad.

We were just discussing the fact that turkey butchering is two weeks away.
Wanna come pull feathers?  Ruth

At 12:22 PM -0500 11/11/03, [log in to unmask] wrote:
In a message dated 11/11/2003 11:45:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Yum, rendered ASCII.  Tastes just like beef jerky and the tallow - it makes
for great soap!

Soap or soup?

Speaking of rendering and tallow, I see rendering trucks (they appear to be
garbage trucks that pick up nothing but leftovers from meat "processing")
every now and then, and it is damn near enough to turn ME into a
vegetarian.

Speaking of bringing up lunch...

Ralph

--