BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 14:32:19 -0500
Mike,

I only mixed the Rockhard (TM) with latex paint or primer like it suggests
on the can. It has the main advantage of patching holes in woodwork that are
going to be painted later, and eliminates the need to spot prime the repair
before finish coat. It also sands out smoother.

I am curious though that if by mixing such gypsum powder in a latex paint
the resulting putty would be more water resistant than plain old Rockhard by
itself. I don't know what else the Rockhard mix has in it. Any lurkers out
there represent the Durham Co.? C'mon. We've mentioned this product name
more in two weeks than they probably get mentioned in a year of advertising.

John Horton