BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Trelstad, Derek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 16:58:51 -0500
We had a similar tradition for breakfast -- Cottage Donuts. Not the same as
Krispy Kreme, but special in their own way. Donuts appeared about once every
six months. Dad would get up early -- as he always did (and still does) --
disappear for forty-five minutes, and return with a dozen donuts. Always a
mixed box -- drove the women behind the counter nuts as most people ordered
a box of a single type of donut. Two donuts apiece, never two the same.
Every once in a while we would be up and manage to hitch a ride to the shop
with Dad. Fond memories. Too bad donuts aren't quite as good as I remember.