BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 18:45:55 -0700
>Cuyler -
>
>Didn't they consider that a fire hazard?
>
>- Pam

It seems that in those good old days there were not many "they" hanging about.

Isn't it amazing how used we have become to risk and hazard management and
all the authorities who oversee but do not do.   One reason I love working
with British Columbia Provincial Historic Sites is that the govenment very
nicely has decreed that  for their own properties they don't have to respect
any of their own normal buildng code requirements in favour of "historic
correctness".   It is great to see stairs with no railings and porches kids
can jump off of.

No wonder we speak of the good old days !

As time passes without an accident, does the risk of incident increase or
decrease ?

Actually the greatest risk at that bookmoving job was laughing too hard at
some of the books you got to handle.

Cuyler