BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:09:44 -0500
Yes, we did work on the Boys Club. I remember messing with the blue
brick. What I mainly remember is being told that the long established
and reputable contractor that had built the building had come to the
conclusion that the world had grown such that they could no longer do a
job based on the honor of a handshake and therefore they folded up their
company and retired. There certainly were a host of water issues with
the pool inside and the world outside.

As to Keith Haring. We had an opportunity at one point to salvage walls
at an orphanage in Dobbs Ferry where Haring had painted. The Haring
foundation actually wanted the work destroyed rather than have it
preserved and outside of their direct control. For every work destroyed
it increases the value of the work not destroyed.

For one not destroyed, leastways I doubt it was destroyed, visit the
upper floor men's room at the LGBT Community Center on W 13th Street.
The issue of white with black and distraction is very prominent.

][<