BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 09:28:17 -0800
I have said for years that a good topic for a paper for a psych major would
be, "The difference in graffitti on the walls of public men's rooms and
women's rooms."  Ruth

At 10:06 AM -0500 3/13/03, Ken Follett wrote:
I was amazed that no one even looked mildly surprised that I was taking
photos of the cafeteria.

When I recently took photographs of the interior of a NY Thruway stop
people did take notice. The gift shop was abuzz with inquiry and I had to
retreat to the parking lot and drive away quickly. Research for a story I
am working on. Getting photos of the men's room was the hard part -- I want
my description of the floor tile to be accurate. Drivers are usually in an
hypnogogic haze and rarely remember what the floor looks like. About all
they tend to recollect is the color of the scented urinal cake. Since the
johnny seats there have holes in them I did not once witness anyone picking
them up or putting them down. They are also self-flushing. Incredible
efficiency. ][<en

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT