BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:13:58 -0400
OK,  for those of you who want to get away to the hillside next week for
acoustic "roots" music, here's the scoop.

Winterhawk Bluegrass Festival

Performers include the David Grisman Quintet (Sat.), Ralph Stanley, Jerry
Douglas, The Del McCoury Band, Nashville Bluegrass Band, Tony Rice & Peter
Rowan, The Tim O'Brien Band, etc.
For those with a real sense of humor, the Austin Lounge Lizards appear
Thursday.  There are about twenty other acts including Steve Riley and the
Mamou Playboys, the Hula Monsters, the Gibson Brothers, Bill Keith, Leroy
Troy, The Dry Branch Fire Squad, etc, etc etc.  Not all acts on all days.
All star jam Sat Night...til late.  Kids, say 5 to 12, will have special
attractions and things to do.  Pleanty of ice and food for sale, crafts,
etc.  Remember, this is unplugged, back to basics campsite living, not
condusive to sleep.

And as stated before, fully registered B-P members should introduce
themselves and get a big gulp off of my Vodka bottle.  I should be 3/4 of
the way up the big hill to the right (south) a couple hundred yards of the
performance area near the double party tents.

For info, call 1.888WINTHWK.
Try: [log in to unmask]
Order tickets: WWW.WINTERHAWKBLUEGRASS.COM
Look on the map of central NY just north of Ancramdale, near Hillsdale,
also near the Mass. border.  Look for "Winterhawk Festival" signs...to the
Rothvoss Farm.  Look parallel, inland and just north of Rhinebeck.

Camp out.  Gates open for camping Wed July 14 at noon.  Music starts Thursday.

Bring an instrument and pick it up, Ken. --Jim Rhodes