BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 09:11:51 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  Every year at our cave preserve's open house, we hear tales of local
>  caves (KY area) that supposedly have ceremonial rooms, and ancient
>  hearths, burials, and other prehistoric stuff.... trouble is, the
>  tellers never know quite where that special cave Grandpa Jack or Uncle
>  Buddy told them about actually IS...  ;)

Deb,

Is it the anticipation of discovery or the reality of the place that is most
important in this social exchange? I have a bit of exploring to do myself,
more metaphysical than caving, and I'm worried the reality may be less than
my imagination has sustained for several years. I'm not sure if I would not
rather have the story and myth or the facts of the reality, or if not in
having both I may end with something else entirely.

][<en