BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
When I'm in NH I'm a tourist. Ruth
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 08:40:40 -0400
Ceptin' young wenches didn't squirt tomatoes into their eyes to make em look
bigger.  That was tomato's evil cousin Belladonna (aka - deadly nightshade).
You wouldn't believe the Cub Scouts faces last year at resident camp when I
showed them potato, tomato, pepper, and nightshade plants and told them how
they're all related.  Would have brought in eggplant and Chinese Lantern,
too if I'd had any.

Just heard that farmers (maybe just in NYS) will be allowed to grow
echinacea again for crops.

Just to change the subject, because I can...my 12th grader told me this
morning that they're playing dodge ball in school, but they don't call it
that anymore.  Now it's called Throw, Catch, and Evade because the state has
outlawed dodge ball in school.  So, some kid called it that yesterday and
the kid got in trouble for it.  I suggested that since the state probably
outlawed it because they got sued that that kid's parents should sue the
state for first amendment rights.  That would really cause all sorts of
trouble.  Figured they should add to the politically correct fodder.  Of
course, that makes me wonder if "politically correct" is politically
correct.  Make it should be renamed to "nonpartisan veraciousness".  What do
y'all think?  Should we all become proponents of nonpartisan veraciousness?

- Pam