BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:38:31 -0500
Lately I have been pondering the thought processes that seem to seperate
preservation folks from their non-hyphonated cousins.  It may be that we are so
dependent on reliable data that often must come from someone else, and it is
data that may or may not have reasonable words or numbers to describe, that
there is a certain confidence we get from hearing one of us say, "there is not
data".

When I first took on my current duties, I attributed the silence of my new
charges to the new context I needed to learn to how to listen too.  And that is
the case with most.  But there are some who have had their vocal cords removed
and the paper trail was created by an accountant.  I would prefer, "no data".

Whoa!  Bad gloomy thoughts...must resisist!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

-jc