BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
adaptive re-use is from the department of repetitive redundancy division <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2007 12:19:38 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>     Next step is to hold a job safety brown bag for the staff to
>     introduce these things and other safety precautions.  Does anyone
>     know of a good reference that would be useful for architects?
>
> Ilene,
>
> I would recommend that you outsource this to somebody who does this
> training on a regular, professional basis, preferably with a license
> of some sort, and insurance.  You don't want your employees' heirs
> coming after you after their roadkill relative misunderstood something
> you said, or you misunderstood something you read.
>
> Ralph
Ilene,

I agree with Ralph with the caveat that the 'official' scaffold and
otherwise related training programs that occur in NYC -- that have the
license, insurance and imprimatur -- you might as well put your head in
a brown bag. With or without glue.

If you find a source that appears legitimate then go to the class
yourself first and see if they are worth the trouble. As an employer
though you should be able to have safety discussions -- the deal is to
keep an intelligent paper trail of what was discussed and who attended
-- and your insurance provider may be able to help with that. Keeping
the employees in ignorance for fear of liability is not a defense. We
were in an Insurance Safety Group, which is a pool that encourages safe
work practice in order to lower insurance costs -- they would provide
the training sessions and literature.

][<en