BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:35:31 -0400

>when should I leave? is this really IT?

I remember that.

It also occurs to me that I get to pay all of the phone bills and never
ever see any of them.

When we first moved to our house from Brooklyn I thought it would be a
good and proper thing for a BOY to have a dog. So I went and rescued a
dog from the animal league. After twelve years D-dog (BOY having given
name to dog) gave out yesterday afternoon and son found him sitting in
middle of road outside house with rear legs not working, D-dog panting.
My wife and I took D-dog to the vet where he stayed overnight. D-dog was
in worse shape than we knew, with all sorts of ailments, including a
couple of pellet gun shots revealed by x-ray. He also had nerve damage
from old age, at least 14 years, kidney and liver damage, a bad
pancreas, the start of heart worms and cataracts. We all agreed and the
vet put him down. So Young Man dug grave on corner of lot near to the
intersection where D-dog always liked to sit and watch the world, nearby
to the blueberries that I planted when we moved in not because I wanted
blueberries as much as to claim the land. We dug grave and ate blueberries.

D-dog would sit in the middle of the t-intersection and look in all four
directions. He was the neighborhood dog and was as apt to be off in
someone else's house visiting as with us. He was too friendly with the
dog warden and we often had to go bail him out from the pound. In his
last days he slept a lot and had grown deaf. We worried he would get hit
by a car, but he had long since lost the ability to jump over the fence
and go exploring. In his old age he had a tendency of standing out near
the spot where he is now buried and barking at nothing in particular.
Though at times I found it irritating, like at 11 PM, I also admired him
for his tenacity to keep on telling the world what he thought.

It was for breaking him out of captivity that I tell the story about
cutting off the bottom 1' of our weird neighbor's kitchen door with a
keyhole saw.

Beside the fact that it is what happened to us today I bring it up
because IT is not all of IT, there is more later. BOY will have many
adventures and if he is good at it he will keep on his feet.

][<en