BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 17:06:29 -0700
Hi Folks,  Guess I'd better un-lurk, or whatever, if I don't want  to get
dropped like a water bomb.  So I had to find something to write about.
Well, a handy subject just happens to be at hand that very handily has
SOMETHING  to do with Historic Preservation.  In fact, it has only to do
with Historic Preservation.  Today I attended the dedication of the
Rockingham Meeting House as a National Historic Landmark.  This is the
original Meeting House in Rockingham, VT, built in 1787.  Wish you all
could have been here for this perfect afternoon of pure enjoyment.  Our
somewhat fickle weather was just right and the foliage, although on the
wane, is still quite nice.  Some of you who I know have visited southern
Vermont may have passed by this lovely old building and a few may have even
stopped.  If you ever get the chance stop and take a look.  I don't think
there are regular times it is open and don't know how to get someone to
open it for you but if anyone is interested let me know and I'll inquire.

Is that enough to let you know I'm still alive, kicking and interested.

Sign me:  Vermontah
--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT