BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Devonshire <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:31:41 EDT
In a message dated 10/17/2000 11:36:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<   ** I'm
 having trouble finding good examples of cornice details for simple Federal
 style, open gutter with downspout >>

Mary-
Give me a call- we have good documentation and detailing from the
Schermerhorn Row (1810-12), and from the Jasper Ward House (1816). I
butchered the Jasper Ward House gutter out of a monster plank of clear pine
using period tools. No longer have the gutter adze unfortunately.I can recall
the profiles for you. We lined it with lead-coated copper, however, the last
time I looked (summer) it appeared to have been left maintenance-free by the
Seaport, and is rotting at the SE corner. Happy to send you a detail.

Twybil