BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Preservationist Protection Program <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:30:12 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/2001 1:07:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< The person to ask this particular question is Norman Weiss. He waxes poetic
 on stone waxes. >>

Sharpshooter,

You can ask Norman, but don't expect an answer that you can condense down to
Manhattan-phone-book size.  On the other hand, you could ask Theo Prudon (of
Gramercy Park Birdhouse fame), and be sound asleep by the time he gets the
third word out of his mouth, by which I don't mean to suggest that he talks
slowly.

Personally, I never heard of waxing stone, and am willing to bet it's not a
good idea (trapping water behind the wax would be disadvantageous and
counterproductive), but you can ask.  They did as many stupid things in the
olden days as we do in the newen days.

Ralph