BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:31:42 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/2000 7:46:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< A property, that I recently visited, was still using their 1920's
hand-lever 7'
 tall gas pump to dispense gasoline. In their process of replacing the storage
 tank, the pump and its concrete island were saved and re-used. I will take a
 photograph of this the next time I visit the property.

Bryan,

This is amazing.  How can it be that these things are still in use?  Or are
those of us in the great state of Joisey simultaneously in the forefronts of
environmental protection and historic gas pump destruction?  God knows we're
blessed to be unable to pump our own gas (there's no self-serve in Joisey, so
some of you may want to stay away), and to have toll roads instead (makes me
want to leave, but rather than pay tolls, I drive 5000 miles out of my way).
But what backwaters (backgases?) still have  gas pumps that once filled up a
Hupmobile?

Sign me,

Perplexed, and in need of a guide