BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:53:17 -0600
The mandatory pre-bid meeting is part of the attempt to get decent
honest contractors.  It at least cuts out the ones that would bid the
work without seeing it at all.  Of course, if the owner's contract
manager has no construction contract experience...there's little
benefit.

I'm going to be sounding a lot like my friends the contractors soon.  I
fear a real dumbing down of owner's contract managers.

-jc