BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 00:07:38 -0700
>In a message dated 8/22/99 10:51:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>>  I washed dishes at IC 30 years ago.
>
>Me to.
>
>][<en

Ah, Ithaca,  home of dishwashing and other retentive atitudes :

I too washed dishes, at Cornell's Home Ec. Caf., 42 years ago.   I've never
forgotten the lesson in how to properly wash by an amazing Estonian bakeress
who was a demonic but practical teacher of the art of cleanliness and
rewarded success with the most wonderful cinnamon buns in the world.   She
also taught that a good dishwasher will never be out of work.
Cuyler
PS:  Does anyone remember when the Moosewood space was our high school Sheet
Metal Shop ?   They ocassionally still serve sheet there, perhaps in memory
of earlier times.