BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:25:23 EST
In a message dated 2/9/00 10:44:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Did you ever hear the Lake Drum ?
>  How about the legendary underground connection between Seneca and Cayuga
>  even though they are different elevations ?

Never heard the lake drum. Yes to the legend of the underground connection.
Though I know more about driving trucks for miles under the lake in the rock
salt mine.

When I first moved to Washington, DC & got used to the Library of Congress I
spent a lot of time calling down books & pamphlets printed in the Finger
Lakes region in the 18th century. It is one thing to know of these documents,
quite another to be able to touch, open, and read them. For me it was a
mystical library experience that a tradesperson could simply walk in and ask
to see an old book from their home region. Lots of really lousy Victorian
poetry, though.

][<en