BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
make easy -- get sakcrete <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:14:21 -0500
Sheese....  You don't really think I put vinyl replacement windows on my
house, do you?  Yes, I used to live in a raised ranch with vinyl siding,
but so do/did you John.  And you maintain it.  And what about the guy in
the tin hotel?  On the other hand I have tried working with the new all
vinyl, trim material.  It cuts, shapes, miters and routs nicely and if
you rough it up and paint it, or if it is beyond two meters distance is
indistinguishable from wood.  You need to be careful that the substrate
is very flat and even, or it will vignette or follow form, but the flip
side is that is very fast on curves and can be back beveled with a mat
knife or plane while installing.  No back priming, fitting and removing
before installation.  I had samples outside for three months and
measured and remeasured dimensionally in many conditions and it is very
stable, unlike all the composites.  Not for everyone, but promising in
many applications.
Best,
Leland