BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 10:43:03 EDT
I am typing this trying to dodge an onslaught underfoot  of little plastic
Easter eggs; the ones that open up and have that unctuous chocolate egg in
silver and gold that was probably held over since last year.
The Easter bunny has brought Mary a Tiara and a cache of  these eggs and they
have now  spilled out into the hall way only to  proceed towards my study in
stumbles and kicks from busy feet that rush by in tutu and tiara.

Last evening we attended a cantata  pronounced CAN-ta -da...like the grand ol
Opry
no one round here is really sure what the word means ; all they knows is that
folks gets dressed up and ma ma wears stinky stuff and crowd into hard pine
Audy-tor-iums (barns ) and have sing song bout  the Res-er-rection

Transformation comes  in many ways when I attended high church in England and
France and later the Cathedral St. John it all made sence.
The priest broke the bread; the incense purified;we quaffed bread and wine;
and as the organ played and choir sang 12 cent Cantata and I was uplifted
into spiritual Gothic realms so much so I departed with dead presidents with
joyous abandon.

Here in the deep pines ; with the soft spring air and the rising moon ;
people gather for the Can Ta -da..in Sunday.best
..Now Sunday best for many means clean jeans and a polo shirt; some brush
their cowboyboots and all the kids under 13 are barefoot.
The organ ( if there is one ) is a two pedal pump
the bread (however holy) is a Saltine and the wine is ;
 and I m really sorry to say this , is Kool Aid .

However with a wink and a nod you can go to the end of the parking lot and
meet a man in a pick up who has got  "Whoop juice" in pickling jars.
Now for those who have been around this world "Whoop juice " is right up
there with the great wonder salves of mankind
 My wife; a sometime tea totaler  tried it once couldn't talk for  two days ;
not  necessarily a bad thing; but when I spilled it on the new vinyl fake
stone floor at the entrance of last years Can ta da  it smoked and rippled
the vinal.and can still be seen today
Embarrassed I have left it alone this year and stuck to the program about
Jesus and the cross. I would have preferred Negro spirituals; (somehow they
get to the heart of the matter ) Oh the resurrection is all right ; and I
feel all the better for it ; besides this years taxes has already nailed me
to the cross